Friday 17 July 2009

the power of dreams...

Thats Honda's main tag line, and surprisingly I didn't see it hardly anywhere down at the Honda Institute today, where me and a few work PALS attended the 'Summer Inspiration' course.

Calum had pre warned me last night that he doubted his ability to wake up at 5am in time to get ready and pick me up for 6am, based on the fact he was half way through getting shit faced in G town.

So, the good friend I am, set my alarm half hour early to make sure I would be up early enough to give C to the V a wake up call.

5am comes around, so I decided to drop in a text. 20 mins later and no reply. I call him and no answer. I start making plans to just go without him, but he finally makes contact... blaming his non answering on taking a dump and ironing his shirt. Which is obviously bullshit cos no one ever irons stuff while having a poo?

The journey down there had 1 eventful occurance, some dude in a beat up old car going at it hammer n balls in the fast lane... and as he passed our vehicle, something in the engine blew and half of it came out through the back of the car, and with some technical driving brilliance from the Venn, he didn't hit anything.

But we did laugh and point at the bellend in the broken car as we went past him.

The Institue is just south of Slough, West London. It feels like its in the middle of nowhere on a dirty scrutty industrial estate, but it is infact just a stones throw away from the M25.

The individual classes we took were all ok I suppose, learnt a few bits here and there.

Catering was unusually appauling though, with crappy child portion size rolls and cheese and biscuits for LUNCH. They normally do hot food. Gutted.

We made up for it though by having a BK on the way back. Just so shit that the whole day has been so long. Literally got home at about 7.45pm. Its a fooking long day with 5hours + of driving AND trying to take in 5 hours of lectures.

On a movie note - everyone should go check out the film 'MOON' this weekend. It stars Sam Rockwell, playing a guy who mans a space station on the moon, and weird things start to happen!!! OOOH. OH and Kevn Spacey voices the A.I. Computer that helps the main character run the station.

1 comment:

  1. oh and thanks for the big up about my 'technical driving brilliance' - its all about the right foot - brake pedal combo, and the amount of pressure forced upon said pedal. TECHNICAL AS FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

    but bigging me up on this blog is winful, and will spare you a Grovio throwings out of the front door. and BIC'ing of the left eye.

    also, be proud as this is my second post where i admit it to being me. again, winful for you.

    hi btw, i write this from a location where i can see you. UGH, SERRRRNNNNNNNNNNNWIDGESSSSSSSAHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete