Tuesday 25 October 2011

Paranormal Gripes

So we went to check out Paranormal Activity 3 last night. Been looking forward to it a lot, loved the first 2.

The 3rd is good too. I was genuinely cowering at the screen as I'm a proper wuss when things make me jump. I liked the addition of the 'moving' camera mounted on the fan. Added some nice tension in certain scenes.

The ending didn't exactly scar me for life - like the trailers suggested. And here lies my problem. The Trailer.

These films are based on the idea of 'Found Footage'. The idea is to hint that it really happened. Now tell me if I'm wrong, but if you show a scene in a trailer, then in the movie, the scene is different - then surely that ruins the film? It immediately ruins any suspension of disbelief.

I know the idea will be to release an 'extended' cut of the film, for either re-release or the DVD release. I don't mind extended cuts - more footage. But whats the point of doing 'alternate endings' for these 'found footage' movies? Completely pointless!

So, to some up... if you are like me, a self confessed bell end... go and see it, but be prepared to have a few gripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment