Sunday 31 January 2010

An Ode to Honda

Well Fuck me. After just over 4 years, my time with my beloved Honda job has come to an end, 30th January 2010.

The site has been closed down due to it being too big for its boots. As in, not because we are doing too well, but the sites too big for just Honda. Its a real shame as its a lovely site, great location. Just wasn't meant to be!

What follows is a brief look back at, the who, what, why and WTF?!

The original crew consisted, from left to right: Myself, Dave Talbot, Dan Lewin, Mark Dickinson, Darren Doig and Lee Smith. This photo shows us in our characature form. 

Dave started 1 day after I did, and Dan showed us both the ropes of the job. Darren was our manager, and Mark was service manager and Lee was the Hyundai salesman. (LOL)


Me and Dan got on really well, had a great time working with him. Back in the day he had a black chavved up Saxo that had a new bodykit on that hadn't been painted yet. It gave us all lots of lols. 
As you can see, some days were slower than others. The pic on the right was one of the hottest days of the year. Fab lolley and a cup of water, sat outside in the shade. Win.

Not long after Dan left to go work closer to home at Mountsorrel, we were joined by Ben and Calum. Was weary of new people starting as I had got on with Dan so well, but thankfully, they were sound chaps, and neither of them were as good at selling cars as I am, so I was happy LOL.
Ahh. My own little corner of the world for 4+ years. That ass groove on the chair was hard work. Its amazing to think I literally sat in that chair for a good year. Its true, I worked it out.


The store room. Towards the end, this pit of POS from the past actually got quite hospitable. You could see the floor in there and everything. Good memories in that room though. One time we put as many massive plants in there as we could, closed the door and stuck a Monkey picture on the door. If only we could have gotten Jungle noises to play when anyone opened the door.

It was mainly used for a place to store stuff we couldn't use, such as this sign :


Ah, no blog is complete without some casual racism.  There's a few people I havent mentioned, and thats only because I don't have pictures of you, lol! Anyways. The past 4 years has been emotional, and I will miss it terribly. On the bright side, Calum and Richard are both coming with me to my new job!

Good bye Team Francis, Hello Team Marshalls.

1 comment: